Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Caracas Arepa Bar


It's been quite some time since I've posted anything and what can I say but I just haven't gotten around to it. I've been saving up some things I've wanted to post about and now that I have much more free time on my hands, I'll see if I can just get them all out on a regular basis over the next week or so.

Anyhoo... a couple weeks ago, I had dinner with a friend of mine at Caracas Arepa Bar in the Lower East Side. The place dishes up freshly made arepas, which are made-to-order and are hot and toasty when they get to your table. As you can see, it's tiny and we had to wait about an hour for a table, but it was worth it for some delicious delcious beef and chorizo in our bellies. If you're not in the mood to wait for a table, they have a "To Go" version a couple of stores down. However, arepas are still made-to-order so don't expect fastfood-like speed.

More pictures below...


No comments: