Thursday, November 12, 2009

Eating In: Ginger Cookies


The holidays are right around the corner, so that means it's time to bake up some holiday goodness as well. My favorite holiday baked good recipe is for Ginger Cookies. I use a Paula Deen recipe, but I substitute the shortening for butter (because butter is always better). I like the recipe because it produces an extremely chewy cookie, but not in a way that makes it seem like the cookie is old and stale. Also, the molasses gives it a saltiness while still having the sweetness everyone wants.

The recipe can be accessed through the Food Network website.


On a side note, I recently purchased a pair of Silpat non-stick baking mats (seen in the picture above). I must say that these things are great. Not only do you not have to butter/PAM/wax paper your baking trays but the mats also seem to reduce the chances of burning the bottoms of your cookies. Because of that, it's easier to get nice thin cookies without getting them too crispy.


1 comment:

EJ said...

I don't think I've ever wanted cookies this bad. Haha