Sunday, September 7, 2008

Flushing's answer to the New York burger craze



A friend of mine, George (who will probably be helping me with the design of this blog), told me that I had to go to this burger place that he loves in Flushing and talk about it on Belly Blabber. So we decided to head to Flushing tonight and grab some dinner at Joe's Best Burger.

What makes Joe's different from your normal fast food burger joint is that they use FRESH ingredients (or so says their website) and the burgers are cooked to order, which kind of makes it sound like the East Coast equivalent of In-N-Out Burger. I'm not saying that the burgers are as good as In-N-Out (or Shake Shack for that matter), but they were pretty tasty. My only complaint was that the burger was cooked through a little bit more than I would have liked. Also, Joe's serves its fresh cut fries with special "gourmet" sauces like Chipotle BBQ, Roasted Garlic and Mango Chutney. I tried Chipotle BBQ, and I did enjoy it. But I have to say - although the combination was interesting, I still prefer ketchup with my fries. In terms of fast food burgers, Joe's is a definite step up from Mcdonald's or Wendy's, and worth a stop if you're already in the area.

More pictures below...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you tried Cheeburger in Forest Hills? I hear it's good but I still have yet to go.

http://www.cheeburger.com/home2/index.asp

whatcha think?

Nicolas Young said...

I actually have had Cheeburger Cheeburger, not the one in Forest Hills though. There's one in Port Washington near our office, and we go sometimes - haven't been in a while actually. It's good, but I think Fudruckers is better. Plus it always smells like paint when we go there... haha

Maria said...

George told me about your food blog! He has talked about this hamburger place before, but I've never gone. If you go to this post on my art and design blog http://stickersanddonuts.com/2008/08/11/chinese-food-in-flushing/ you will see a post about some other flushing-food-finds from that you must try!

Mark said...

Just wait until Jollibee comes to Queens. I've seen signs posted in the Phil-Am Food Mart for open positions. I wonder how NYC will react to the YumBurger.